Syracuse School of Architecture>
Facilities & Resources
Slocum Hall, the School of Architecture's campus home, was constructed in 1918 and is listed on the National Register of Historical Places. A redesign completed in 2008 by the New York firm of Garrison Architects has enhanced and restored the five-story building's original qualities while updating it technologically, functionally, and aesthetically.
The renovation includes the re-creation of the central atrium space, the addition of a new auditorium and gallery, as well as expanded studio, research, and office space. The completed renovation has yielded an ideal environment for teaching, research, and production, and incorporated new technology in the studio environment, expanded research facilities, and adequate faculty offices. Public review spaces, an exhibition gallery, the architecture reading room, faculty offices, and the cafe are located along the perimeter of these atria in order to encourage collaboration and exchange.
This renovation has provided a compelling opportunity to integrate the school's facilities with its pedagogical priorities. Computing/plotting and woodshop/fabrication facilities are state-of-the-art.
The School also maintains a downtown Syracuse presence at The Warehouse in Armory Square, located in one of the most vital, pedestrian-oriented parts of the city. The Warehouse serves as headquarters for UPSTATE: A Center for Design, Research, and Real Estate as well as selected visiting critic studios.
Where we are located:
Slocum Hall is on SU main campus, on College Place.
School of Architecture
201 Slocum Hall
Syracuse, NY 13244-1250